Undoubtedly, rice is one of the world’s most beloved foods. This humble grain may be simple in its unadorned state but can be transformed into a myriad of delicious dishes that are enjoyed all around the globe. Eaten daily by billions of people, rice is the third most cultivated crop worldwide. Around 515 million Tonnes of rice will reportedly be produced globally by the end of 2022. It is a grain native to Asia, with India being the largest producer of rice in the world.
Numerous rice dishes are celebrated worldwide with many different ways to cook rice, and each culture has unique recipes and methods. In general, however, most rice dishes begin by cooking the grain in water until it is soft. Once cooked, the rice can be flavored with spices, herbs, and other ingredients. Whether cooked plain or with complex flavorings, rice is a delicious and nutritious food everyone can enjoy.
There are many delicious rice dishes from around the world! Here are a few of our favorites:
- Biriyani – It is a fragrant, flavorfully spiced Indian rice dish popular in many parts of the world. It is made with rice, spices, and a choice of meat or vegetables and is often served with raita (a yogurt-based sauce) on the side. It is a favorite choice for both special occasions and everyday meals.
- Paella – This Spanish dish is traditionally made with chicken, seafood, and saffron-flavored rice. It’s perfect for a special occasion meal! It is cooked in a large pan over an open fire.
- Risotto – An Italian dish perfect for special occasions, it is made with the slow-cooking method using Arborio rice in broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. Risotto can be flavored with various ingredients, including mushrooms, seafood, or truffles.
- Fried Rice – In China, fried rice is a popular dish that can be made with either white or brown rice. The rice is stir-fried with vegetables and sometimes with or without meat, and flavored with soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. It’s a quick and easy meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
- Jambalaya – This hearty Louisiana dish combines rice with meat (usually sausage or chicken) and vegetables. The rice is cooked in a flavorful tomato-based broth and often spiced with cayenne pepper. Jambalaya is typically served with a side of crusty bread. Perfect for a winter night!
- Bibimbap – A Korean favorite, Bibimbap is a rice bowl topped with vegetables, meat, and a spicy chili sauce. It can be made with any combination of ingredients, but the most common version includes beef, spinach, carrots, mushrooms, and gochujang (a spicy red pepper paste).
- Sushi – It is a Japanese dish consisting of cooked rice vinegar-flavored and mainly with raw fish. Sushi is usually made with short-grain white rice, but it can also be made with brown rice or sushi vinegar. It is served with wasabi, pickled ginger, and soy sauce.
- Kabsa – It is a traditional Saudi Arabian dish with chicken or lamb, rice, and various spices. The choice of meat is cooked in a broth until tender and then served over the rice. Kabsa is served with a dollop of yogurt or tzatziki sauce.
- Nasi Goreng – This popular Indonesian dish consists of rice cooked with vegetables, chicken, lamb, or beef broth and then topped with various spices. The result is a fragrant and flavorful meal that can please even the most discerning palate.
- Kheer – A traditional Indian dessert that is creamy and is a sure-shot delicious way to end a meal. The rice gives it a unique dense texture. The milk and sugar make it sweet and rich. It can be flavored with cardamom, saffron, and cloves and garnished with ghee-friend cashews and raisins. Kheer is a celebratory dish.
Nothing is more satisfying than a hearty meal, and Shree Gajanan Industries promises just that. We are one of the top companies in the rice milling sector and one of the best rice exporters in the world, providing the best quality of rice. Those, as mentioned earlier, tasty and most loved rice dishes from around the world can be made with our rice varieties, and it will only enhance the flavors of each word. Our exotic rice varieties can be explored here –
Wherever you are in the world, there’s sure to be a delicious rice dish to enjoy. So next time you’re looking for something new to try at home, why not make these dishes with Gajanan’s rice?